The June section of the Linen and Threads Mystery Sampler SAL was a bag of mixed results. It went on okay almost till the end, then it gave me some problems.
When I charted out the colors, I liked what I saw. I’ve been happy with the number of combinations I can make with the same set of colors, and with how they’ve all looked fairly good, and fairly different, so far. (Fingers crossed for the remaining sections.) I stitched small amounts each time I sat down to work on the project, and things went smoothly.
Then came the back-stitching. It’d looked good on the chart, but here, these stitches just overwhelmed everything. The entire central section was beginning to look crosshatched, with no other characteristics to it – and I hadn’t even completed the back-stitching yet. Thanks to my sister’s suggestion, I decided it looks fine as it is, though technically incomplete.
I think with paler back-stitch colors and darker cross stitches, it could’ve worked out okay. (But I wasn’t going to frog all those stitches to try this out.) Also, I might need to make the back-stitches in my color charts thicker to reflect IRL stitches – they’re nothing like the thin lines in the original published chart.
The July section fills up the horizontal spaces between the squares, and I have decided on the colors. Let the stitching commence!
— Progress on Linen and Threads 2021 mystery sampler: Talavera —