I’m done with the May section of my Linen and Threads MSAL, and it was a pleasant experience when it comes to experiments.
I didn’t want to fill up the ‘feathery’ parts with a single block of color, so I tried out some gradients in this section – I moved from one color to another by using thread strands from both colors in the transitional areas. I really like how it’s turned out, and I’ll surely be using gradients for any big sections that might pop up in later months.
The June section is out, and I think I’m done with the color chart. I say ‘think’, because while I worked on the May section, I deviated from my original color chart more than a couple of times. I have a feeling June will turn out similar, since I’m not 100% set on my current choice of colors.
Like May, I’ll have to work on the June section in tiny chunks to make the stitching last longer – because if I just keep stitching, I can probably finish the section in a day or two. 😉 On the bright side, it’s somewhat cooler these days so I find myself thinking about knitting and weaving. Maybe I’ll spend some time this month looking for knitting projects!
— Progress on Linen and Threads 2021 mystery sampler: Talavera —