Oh the March section of the Linen and Threads MSAL! I’m still plodding through it since March turned out to be a busy month. I seem to have finished about 3/4th of the section so far. There are flowers in the gaps between the greens, which I will get to next.
I’d kept the flowers for the end because I couldn’t decide on the color for them. I’d earlier decided on a yellow, but it turned out too similar to the fabric’s color to be visible. A reddish color was too dark and made the strips compete for attention with the squares, other cool colors were too boring.
So now, I’ve decided to do a ‘scribbly’ version that I’d used in my 2018 MSAL – I’ll use yellow and red together – one strand of each. This makes the flowers appear hazy and not very neat, but I think I like the look of a sample I tried out, so I’ll stick with it. The April chart is already out, and I’ll alternate between that and the remainder of March section to alleviate some of the boredom from stitching the greens.
As for other yarny pursuits, the weather’s just too hot for those – and I think I forget to mention that I’ve frogged my Grimm Hat since it fit my mom too cozily – so I’ll probably stick with only the cross stitch project for now.
— Progress on Linen and Threads 2021 mystery sampler: Talavera —