I’ve completed the February section of the Linen and Threads MSAL! I love that the SAL fulfills my expectations of using a lot of colors this year – the sections are not too large, and that means I can use a variety of colors spread across small areas.
Aren’t the flowers cute? 🙂 The section’s border was pretty fiddly, though. I think I’ve got it right, but if I haven’t, I won’t know it, so no harm done. 🙂
I’d also wanted to figure out early on how I’d like to finish the overall edging for the piece, but I still haven’t. So I’ve protected the edges using some masking tape for now. (See top of the picture.) I’ll probably get to it only after I complete all the sections, unless some brilliant idea strikes me unbidden during the year.
And now, I’m figuring out the colors for the March chart. The symmetry-loving side of me wants to shut down the first of my ideas since it’ll mean that the left and right sections will not be mirror images of each other, but I think I’ll just override that side of me. Wish me luck! 😉
— Progress on Linen and Threads 2021 mystery sampler: Talavera —