Ever since my do-nothing break, I’ve been knitting fairly often, if not every day. And I’ve made good progress on the sleeves.
I’m knitting both sleeves simultaneously. I usually work with a single long circular needle and knit both sleeves on it, but my long needles set doesn’t contain the 4.5mm needles that I need – it has two 4mm ones instead. Boo. So I used two shorter circular needles instead.
Call me paranoid, but I don’t really trust that the circumferences of the two needles match exactly. So to prevent infinitesimal changes in row heights accumulating into a noticeable difference over the sleeve length, I swap the needles every few rounds.
I tried out the sweater in its current state, and it feels pretty good. I move to the lower body after I complete the sleeves, and it’ll be a nice change from basketweave to ribs. I do hope I’ll have enough yarn left for a fairly long sweater…