Looks like my chosen two colors for the East Beach Tee are not meant to be. Regardless of the combination I came up with, it turns out I cannot make this project with these two – I’d fall short on one color every time.
So I frogged some of the project, and changed the contrast color to a new yarn. I’ll now use the contrast yarn in all three stripes of the tee. The yarn is contrasting not just in color, but also in texture. Thankfully it works out thickness-wise (in spite of being a variable thickness yarn.)
I like how it looks so far, even though it’s not what I’d planned for when I started out! I fervently hope I won’t have to frog anymore.
(I’ve actually progressed a bit more than the picture shows, but I noticed that I forgot to schedule this post last week; however, I’m too lazy to write a new post or to click & update a more recent photo here. 😛 I promise my next post will be more up-to-date as far as pictures go! 😉 )