My Yesteryear yoke is now operational! 🙂 I’m so happy that I chose this pattern to replace the destroyed lace in my top, because it complements the top so perfectly. (The pattern is Yesteryear Top by Mimi Alelis.)
I crocheted the yoke just as described in the pattern. Well, almost. I did make a few mistakes, and I decided to just leave them be. I miss fixing knitting mistakes – unraveling an entire crochet round just to add a missed stitch seems like too much work, doesn’t it?
Once done with the yoke, I made a couple of body rows at the front and the back, and finished them with the edging described in the pattern. It was a few days before I picked up the project again, but when I did, I quickly blocked it and hand-stitched the front and back onto the respective edges of my top.
If there was anything I could change in this project, it’d be to shape the front and back a bit, so they’re less curved and don’t fold over the rest of the fabric as much as they do now. But that’s nitpicking, really – and I don’t know where the shaping could happen or how much it’d help, since there are only 2-3 body rows.
Overall, the project was enjoyable and the result is definitely more than satisfactory. I would absolutely love to crochet the entire top some time. (I’ll probably add a picot edging to the sleeves. Looks like I’m discovering crochet stitches now, hehe!)
I have yarn that I don’t have projects for. I’ve been thinking of frogging a few older projects that I don’t wear much, and there’s the Bamboo eyelet cardigan WIP that I’d frogged and I love the yarn and I really want to make something with it, and some yarn that my sister bought a while ago and wants a shawl from, so let’s see what works out. Maybe some of your projects will provide the required inspiration…