Looks like I managed productive bursts of knitting towards the end of my current project, and completed it as a surprise move! I’m as surprised as you are – I certainly expected this post to be an I’m-almost-there one.
This shawl is inspired by Puck’s Tunic from Susanna IC. I knit the shawl with sections of lace pattern from the tunic interspersed with varying-width sections of stockinette stitch, and 3-row / 3-column seed stitch edges.
The shawl is for my sister, who wanted a long and wide rectangle, and I feel like I went overboard since it appears like a mini-blanket to me. 😉 But my sister is happy with this size, as are my parents who think that it “covers well” (I wonder what that says about my previous shawls… 😛 ) so I think I’ll conclude that the project is a resounding success!
My only complaint is that blocking hasn’t fixed the curling of the edges much. I wonder if that would’ve been remedied by knitting a smaller shawl and stretching it like crazy while blocking.
I have an entire skein of yarn (and then some) left from this project, adding to my leftovers-woes. But since this project’s leftovers are substantial, maybe I can knit a hat from them.
I’ll go with a crochet project next. I own this particular top that had a lace yoke. The lace yoke was destroyed, and I’ve only worn the top once. 😥 I’ve been thinking of making a crocheted lace yoke for it since forever, and have been looking for crochet patterns since I’m not very good at designing crochet lace. I have a few candidates lined up now, and hope by my next post, I’ll have picked one!