Ever spent ages trying (and failing) to capture in pictures just how lovely you find your project? I keep thinking the pictures just don’t do justice to the shawl. My poor sister spent quite some time modeling for me. 🙂
The shawl is exactly as long and wide as I’d wanted it. My yarn turned out more than sufficient, even when I’d thought earlier that it would get mostly used up, and I’d underestimated the row gauge then. I kept weighing the used-up and remaining yarn at various points in the project to ensure that I won’t fall short. I have a little ball of it left now, and it joins the growing pile of scrap yarn that I don’t know what to do with.
I think this will be a shared shawl, since my mom and sis like it too. It provides enough warmth on a cool day in temperate climate, or, of course, in an office with the blasted air conditioning on. (Guess I’ll wear it to work next week, then.)
I’m always thrilled with how blocking provides a neater finish to a project, especially a lace project when the eyelets and the pattern open up, and the stitches settle better. This project was no exception, and even the wonky left decreases that always catch my eye seem to have evened out a bit now.
I’ll probably be knitting more shawls than sweaters for the time being, since the yarn that we ordered for my sister’s shawl arrived just when I was about to finish the current project – talk about timing! For the new project, I’ll take some elements from a pattern for a tunic. I’ve just started on a swatch, and I’ll probably have more to talk about the project only in my next post.
Meanwhile, check out the lovely color of the new yarn, and tell me about your projects!