Can you believe it, my mom’s blouse is ready! I think this is the quickest I’ve ever produced a garment. 🙂
While the knit itself was pretty boring because (a) simple pattern and (b) this project occupied every free moment I had, I’m satisfied with how it turned out. The texture is just awesome!
I used a slipped seed stitch variation for the body and sleeves, and garter stitch for all the borders. The slipped stitches give some denseness to the fabric, and I think that works well for the frogged yarn. The yarn obviously doesn’t feel the same as before, but it’s still soft and maintains a slight sheen, so that’s good.
The original seed stitch pattern is worked on the wrong side to avoid purling, but I changed it to right side since I was trying out combination knitting anyway. (I think I like combination knitting. I’ll probably use that in my next project as well.) So my 4-row pattern repeat is:
- [p1, sl1 wyib] to end of row. (RS)
- [sl1 wyib, p1] to end of row.
At the raglan seam, I used a (k1, p1, k1) on the RS and purls on the WS.
My mom has already worn it, and this time, I can tell she really likes it. Phew! (And hurrah! 🙂 ) As for the design, however, I think the neck, again, needs to be even smaller for her next blouse — a tighter crew-neck, that is.
I need a short break from the incessant knitting, and then, it’s time to finish those sleeves for my top!